For some people, Winter up north can be tough to handle. For a warmer Winter season there really is no better place than the Lone Star state. Thousands of Winter Texans find their “home away from home” here in New Braunfels. What is it about New Braunfels that makes it so appealing?
- The Art scene in New Braunfels is a hidden treasure that you do not want to miss during your time in the area. The Art League located on San Antonio Street in our downtown area displays many unique paintings done by the locals. Through the rest of January, the Art League is doing a special exhibit called “Artist of The Year” – lasting through the 30th.
- The Brauntex Theatre has a very special performing arts event from the 15th to the 17th, a live performance of “Into The Woods.” For ticket information, visit http://nbperformingarts.com/ .
- There are plenty of places around New Braunfels where you can check out the local music scene, which is a major piece of the charm of this city. The Phoenix Saloon located downtown hosts local artists performing almost nightly. For many locals, this is the gathering spot for good music as well as good food. Insider’s suggestion: Try the chili, burgers and sweet potato fries!
- For an all-inclusive stay, Hill Country Cottage & RV Resort has everything you need! Offering RV accommodations as well as cottage rentals, there are daily activities for the whole family to get involved in right at the resort event center, including live music on the weekends and weekly movie nights. Check out http://www.hillcountryrvresortnb.com/ for more info!
- The New Braunfels Chamber welcomes winter visitors with open arms! They are holding a special event for Winter Texans on February 10th from 3-5pm. It is our town’s way of saying “thank you” to our loyal visitors for contributing to the New Braunfels community. Check out https://www.facebook.com/events/734507776650132/ for more info!