The fun never ends in Texas! Take it from all the “Winter Texans” out there who call New Braunfels home from November through March. Over 3,000 guests from midwestern states enjoy our mild temperatures and reasonable prices each winter. During the so-called “off season” there are plenty of things to do and see in our charming little town. Check out the list below of some of the top Winter Texan attractions:
- Downtown New Braunfels – Every holiday season New Braunfels lights up their plaza for everyone to enjoy and take family photos.
- 2014 Holiday Wine Trail – The Dry Comal Creek Vineyard of New Braunfels is a local winery that hosts the 2014 Holiday Wine Trail, taking place December 5 – 21, 2014. The vineyards and tasting rooms will be dazzling with Christmas lights, and filled with warmth and holiday cheer. Listen to the soothing sounds of Christmas carols and munch on delicious Christmas treats next to the fireplace.
- Christmas at the Caverns – In December Natural Bridge Caverns holds “Christmas at the Caverns”. Running until December 23, 2014, the park is illuminated with thousands of sparkling lights. Two unique underground shows, Caroling in the Caverns and Journey to Bethlehem, will set you in the Christmas spirit. The park features a musical light show and a 30-foot decorated Christmas tree at the center of Christmas Village. Try the Christmas maze, hop on a Hill Country hayride, listen to a singing cowboy as you roast a toasty s’more and shop to your heart’s content. You can do it all at Christmas at the Caverns. For dates, showtimes and availability, visit NaturalBridgeCaverns.com!
- Austin’s Trail of Lights – The Austin Trail of Lights runs till December 21st and is located at Zilker Park. They have delicious food, interactive kids areas, new and improved displays, holiday entertainment, and great photo opportunities. For help planning your visit, check out this “Family Night” Trail of Lights Checklist!
- San Antonio Riverwalk – During the holiday season they light up the Riverwalk with thousands of beautiful christmas lights. With so many places to shop and dine this is definitely an outing you won’t want to miss out on!
If you are looking for the perfect place to stay during your winter texan adventures, stay at Hill Country Cottage and RV Resort. They offer beautiful cottages and a large selection of RV sites with winter texan rates. Head over to HillCountryResortNB.com to book your stay today!